Omni/SERV® provides a streamlined communication platform for the transmission of Activity and Position files for fund accounts held in Omnibus, enabling participating trading partners to share sub-account information and creating transparency for Omnibus relationships.
Since its introduction in 2010, Omni/SERV® has afforded enhanced capabilities for a secure and economically efficient standard for the exchange of mutual fund activity and position files necessary for Omnibus relationships.
Omni/SERV®, offered as part of NSCC’s Wealth Management Services’ (WMS) Networking service, eliminates the necessity for firms and funds to maintain various direct connections and manual processes, providing a central and secure location for the transmission of data via two files:
- Omnibus Activity – this file allows firms to transmit detailed trade and sub-accounting client activity to fund companies.
- Omnibus Position – this file allows firms to transmit sub-accounting client positions to fund companies.
Who Can Use the Service
Both firms and funds transacting in an Omnibus environment can benefit from using Omni/SERV . Any financial organization that meets NSCC’s membership qualifications may use the feature.
- Standardization saves on costs and brings processing efficiencies
- Automation brings added accuracy, speed and transparency to funds and firms in Omnibus relationships
- Centralization via DTCC promotes secure file transmission
How the Service Works
Firms and funds can utilize Omni/SERV as a central location to transmit Activity and Position files for accounts held in Omnibus. The platform facilitates an efficient flow of information between firms and funds. It is accessible via mainframe over DTCC’s SMART connection or through DTCC WebDirect.
For More Information
To request additional information, please click here.
Omni/SERV is a service feature of the Networking service, an offering of National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC), a wholly-owned DTCC subsidiary. The platform is governed by applicable Rules, Procedures, and Service Guides of NSCC, which contain the full terms, conditions, and limitations applicable to this platform. This description herein is for informational purposes only, and NSCC reserves the right to make modifications.